Today I thought I’d show you my latest dress that I made using my favourite 60s Style pattern (2132). I drafted the pattern for the collar and cuffs myself.
The dress itself went together quite quickly although I did have problems with the sleeves (I hate sewing sleeves). The pattern I used is a junior one and whilst it’s fine fit wise when I make it without sleeves, when I added the sleeves it became a little tight around the armpits. Luckily I managed to sort it out and it is perfectly comfortable to wear now.
I often use junior patterns when sewing as I have petite measurements. I’m actually quite tall though so I often run into problems in the arm area. Normally I remember to lower the armhole before cutting out the pattern but in this instance I forgot and didn’t realise until after I’d started sewing!
I absolutely love this dress and can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. For some reason the collar appears slightly wonky in the pictures. I can assure you that it doesn’t look like that in real life, I think it might have been the way I was standing, or maybe the fact that I’d only been awake about an hour when these pictures were taken and in my sleepy state hadn’t adjusted the collar!
More details can be found on the blog.