I am finally back with a finished project! I’ve been very busy this semester with writing my Master’s Thesis so there has not been much sewing. But I did want to make dress for graduation and here it is.
Tada! I used Simplicity 3997 c. 1940 and some lovely blue wool for this dress.
This dress had lots of challenges like making bias binding, bias cording and sleeves fit with darts rather than gathers.
I accessorized quite simply with a great hat and pearl earrings. Of course, I wore a traditional cap and gown for the graduation ceremony.
I’m so excited about this dress and I can’t wait to sew more early 40s dresses! More pictures and construction details over on my blog.