Hi everyone, just wanted to share my almost finished new creation and also to ask your opinions?
I started with a basic bodice block that I drafted, lowered the back into a really deep “V” shape and added a 6-inch peplum which I essentially drafted as a circle skirt and lined the back split together with the bodice for the zipper, which I hand sewed in.
I also made some bias from a random scrap of powder blue chiffon I had lying around and put that around the neck hole for some contrast and a nice finish.
The sleeves have been the bane of this project for me! I can’t decide what I want to make! At the moment they are just temporary mini flounce with a semi circle of the fabric, which is set in just like a regular sleeve. What I am thinking is to make a 1/2 length cuffed sleeve and finish the cuff edges off in the bias tape, but I worry that with the peplum and the busy-ness of the fabric that it may just be too many focal details and get a bit messy, so any input you may have would be well recieved.
The fabric is a nicely weighted Poly-cotton and I have about a metre of it left, so I can really do anything with the sleeves as I have enough fabric.
Thanks for looking, you can see more about this project and other things I make at Red Hot Rosie,