1940s Wearing History Overalls

I know PinhouseP has shared her 1940s Wearing History overalls before, and I just couldn’t resist sharing with you the pair that I stitched up! This is such a great pattern to sew up, and the overalls are so much FUN to wear!

Rosie Wednesday Wearing History 1940s Overalls

Rosie Wednesday Wearing History 1940s Overalls

I also had to get a shot of this Rosie doing her best Rosie the Riveter pose.

Rosie Wednesday Wearing History 1940s Overalls

See more on  my blog, including a bit more about the construction and pictures of the lining I added, plus some more about the 1949 Ford Pickup featured in the photos!

• Meet the Author • rosiewednesday

A vintage-loving seamstress in Austin, TX with a dapper pup named Oxford.

• Love it!

• These are so fun!

• Thank you! I agree completely. I get such a kick out of wearing them.

• Hello,

I love it very much.
    I like to make it for myself if you can tell me the name and number for this pattern please,
    Sorry for my languest (i’m from the Netherlands)

Greetings…Gerda

• Those look great!
    I love every version I see of these overalls. And they’re always Rosie-tastic.
    And love how you styled and ‘accessorized’ for this photoshoot.

• Thanks, Lauriana! The funny thing is, after I took these photos I went about my everyday tasks including a trip to the grocery store, and I had several people ask me if I was dressed up as Raggedy Andy! It made me giggle, but I replied that this was just how I dressed!

• Wow, amazing! Love those overalls! Well done!

• OMG, those are so cute. I made some similar in brown cotton gab a while back. Even though I blog a little about sewing, (mostly swing dancing and vintage living and my vintage novel: The Girl in the Jitterbug Dress), I haven’t got any pix up of them. Now I’m inspired to share! You did a wonderful job. Cute red buttons, too. Thanks ideas!

• A vintage novel?! That sounds like so much fun! I hope you post up the overalls! I’d love to see them.

• Super cute! and very practical! I love them!