Make a 1950s day dress with authentic vintage details

by Katherine on October 11, 2013 · 6 comments

in 1950s,Dresses

Happy Friday, everybody! I just got an exciting email from Laura Nash who is the creative genius behind Sew Chic Pattern Company. Laura makes the most fabulous vintage-inspired original designs, and I know many of you will already be familiar with her patterns – they are bestsellers in the WeSewRetro shop.

It’s fair to say that she is a very talented lady, and now you can sip from the wisdom well that is Laura’s brain because she just released a Craftsy class where she will walk you through the process of creating a 1950s day dress. Click one of the pics below to go check out the class.

Find Laura’s class on Craftsy here.

I'm the editor at WeSewRetro so don't hesitate to get in touch with any problems or questions. In addition to keeping the good ship WeSewRetro afloat, I do an amateurish but enthusiastic job of raising a daughter, teach university professors how to dominate a computer by day and study for a masters in literature at night. My daily coffee consumption would kill a small horse. I'm having a clandestine relationship with bias binding and my idea of hell is turning a spaghetti strap right side out.

Katherine's posts / Katherine's website

That's Sew Amy October 11, 2013 at 10:36 am

I’ve already bought the class! Waiting on my pattern to come in the mail and then it’s GAME ON!!! So excited :)

F. K. October 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm

The link doesn’t seem to work. (Maybe I have to be logged in, but if that’s not the case you may want to double check!)

Katherine October 11, 2013 at 4:30 pm

FUDGE! This is what happens when I post before coffee. Think I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know :)

kim October 12, 2013 at 2:33 am

i love the pattern and would like to make it, but wish i could print it myself. i cant afford class, and to buy pattern from wesewretro the shipping is nearly as much as the pattern :(

Katherine October 12, 2013 at 8:33 am

Yep, international shipping is not cheap unfortunately. The shop actually takes a loss when we ship a Sew Chic Pattern overseas – they are large format so we pay the post office more to send them than the shipping charged. Still, I wish I could fly across the world for $12 ;)

Laura Nash October 12, 2013 at 10:02 am

Watch the Craftsy site. These classes go on sale at deep discounts of 50% and more quite a lot, and the pattern comes to you free with the class.