Ok, I’m a bit excited! After all those weeks of pattern drafting, making muslins, sewing, loosing my sewing mojo after a break, I finished my Lutterloh dress!! And I’m so happy with the result! I just needed to dress up although I don’t leave the house today except for walking with Bear. But sometimes it’s just fun to dress up with no particular reason 🙂 And this dress just deserves it!
I used my sloper pattern to draft the pattern of this dress. I used the miniature pattern from the book as a guide while drafting the pattern. The book has little to no sewing instructions, so every step you have to plan by yourself.
As you can see the dress has lots of details, like the lace and the bow. I tried to recreate this dress as closely as possible. And that wasn’t easy. Especially when it comes to the sleeves. In the picture you see the cuff isn’t straight, but it runs into a point. Also the cuff is incorporated in the sleeve, as you can see here:
It took many muslins and alterations to get recreate the sleeve pattern. And in the end I wished I went for a straight cuff, because the effect is so little compared to all the effort I put into it. But I shouldn’t complain.