So I’m working on a couple of WIP that I let fall by the wayside over the summer and have finally finished a sun dress I cut out months ago!
I used a vintage curtain I found in a charity shop about a year ago to make this dress- I loved the fabric so much so I wanted to wait until I’d decided on the perfect thing to make with it. I’m glad I did because I really love this dress. I’m pleased with its finish, I’ve only just learnt to bind the inside hems and love how it looks!
The bodice is made from Simplicity 4070, and the skirt is a rectangle piece I played around with until I got the pleats right.
It’s a totally shame I have to put this away until next spring/summer, but it really is just too cold to wear right now!
For more photos and construction info, check out my blog – The Dressmaking Diaries