I’ve been reading and admiring others’ wonderful makes and finally am posting my first post. This is the dress I made for my son’s wedding. I found the pattern in the USA (I live in the UK) an original fifties pattern described as a cocktail dress. I used some very reasonably priced satin-backed crepe (using the satin side as the right side) which is much easier to deal with than just satin.
The shape is created by slashed extended darts (a bit scary at first!)
The skirt is pretty full and needed a petticoat
You can just see the placket in the skirt here and the darted sleeves. This is my second dress and I am really pleased as the fit is perfect and I got loads of complements at the wedding. For more details about the pattern and a photo of the dress being worn please visit my blog. Well that wasn’t too scary, so hopeful this will be the first of many posts!