two variations on elisalex

Hi there  We sew retro readers
I’m making my wedding dress and have made 2 possibilities, both based on the Elisalex (By Hand London) bodice.

The first is guipure lace, lined with silk (both from Tessuti) with a pencil skirt. I think it needs a wider (and not so tight) belt.

The second is a silk taffeta, orange shot with pink, screen printed by Babbarra Designs Maningrida (from Nomad Art, Darwin). I’m thinking a sash self-belt, not so wide and tied at the back.

I can’t decide which to wear, maybe both? one for the ceremony, one for the dancing? thanks for reading. (More photos on my blog barbarajanemade.wordpress.com.)

• Meet the Author • barbarajanemade

• I love your lace dress the best, but they are both beautiful and it is so glamorous to change dress at your wedding!

• Thanks Caroline!

• Didn’t mean to be anonymous, sorry, am new to this.

• Wear them both I say! How special to have TWO handmade dresses to choose from on your wedding day. Very talented, you look great in them.

• I love both. So I say: wear them both! You look amazing in them!

• I say wear the lace one for the ceremony and the orange silk one for the dancing – the swishy skirt will be amazing to dance in. That way you get the best of both very different but equally lovely looks.

• Thanks, yes thats what im thinking, the best of both.

• I LOVE that red/orange dress, but agree that BOTH!!! That skirt would be wonderful for dancing and the lace dress is a bit more ‘formal’ for a ceremony. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

• Wow! Two beautiful dresses. I think both is a good choice. That lace is to elegant to not use and that full skirt will be a dream to dance in!

• Both are very nice but if you have to choose between them (and I don’t think you have two, of course you can have two dresses), I’d say go for the full skirted one. It’s just so festive.

• Thanks Lauriana, I do like the idea of two dresses.