Channeling Jackie Kennedy with the Emery Dress

by rosiewednesday on September 11, 2013 · 8 comments

in 1960s

Doesn’t this dress remind you of some wonderfully classy dress Jackie Kennedy would wear? It’s Christine Haynes’ newest pattern, the Emery Dress. I think it’s the darling bow that really does it. I just love the 1960s vibe!

I used a teal linen for the fabric on this dress, and although it gets terribly wrinkly, it was a dream to sew and feels wonderful on. This pocket also has inseam pockets, which are wonderfully convenient.

I’m already addicted to this pattern and will be stitching up two more versions of this dress on my blog this month, what I’m calling “Emery Month”

See more and follow along on my blogĀ

A vintage-loving seamstress in Austin, TX with a dapper pup named Oxford.

rosiewednesday's posts / rosiewednesday's website

Siri Andersen September 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

The dress is super cute! You look so good in it ;)
So happy to see a dress like this NOT cropped above the knees, as so many does. Of course it is personal preference, but I think this length of skirt really gives that authentic look. And your hair plays the part very well, too :)

rosiewednesday September 12, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Thanks, Siri! Yes, I like a bit longer length, too.

Miss Crayola Creepy September 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

This looks so adorable! And how cute is your hair?!??!!

rosiewednesday September 12, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Thanks, Erin! I am really digging the flip these days.

Jessamyn September 11, 2013 at 2:59 pm

How adorable are you? You look like you should have your own early ’60s sitcom – you’d be Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore all wrapped up in one!

rosiewednesday September 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Haha, oh thank you! Your comment totally made my day!! I love MTM. So much so, that I call her MTM.

Mermaids Purse September 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Hey I think you’ve done a really nice job on this, so very cute.

By the way, I visited your blog and wanted to comment but it wont let me as I don’t use any of those accounts.

I think it was a wise decision not to use an invisible zipper, they are not a good choice when there is a waist band or any thickness of fabric.

rosiewednesday September 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Oh, thanks for letting me know about the commenting! Yes, I’ve had such trouble with invisible zippers. I just can’t bring myself to use them anymore.