My wild child jacket! – McCall 6360

I did it! I made me a vintage style jacket! And not any jacket! A 1940s bad girl one!

To be exact, it’s a windbreaker jacket. I used the McCall 6360 pattern, red sued and beige lining.

I made a muslin first, and had to increase lenght of sleeves and neck-to-waist.

And I finally went to the final fabric. I had some troubles with my sewing machine and the thickness of the many layers of suede sometimes. (especially for buttonholes!) . I mostly sewed the lining with machine, and it was really faster!

I LOVE it! It will become one of my most worn jacket for sure!!

And you, have you ever sewn a jacket ? I would love to see your projects!

I think I took enough room on we sew retro, so

if you want more informations and pictures, come on my blog! :D

Thanks for reading!

• Meet the Author • Wild child Sophie

• WOW! What an awesome coat!

• This is absolutely stunning, what a great job! I’ve long admired this pattern and it’s so good to see it made up so beautifully!

• Thank you! Now you HAVE to get it, craft it and show me the result ;-)

• This is FABULOUS!!! I would wear this jacket until it died. Beautiful work.

• I am at a loss for words, it is beautiful! I am totally blown away with your sewing skills. I bow to you and your sewing skills!

• Hahaha! You exagerate a bit hahaha! But thanks you are very kind :)

• I LOVE the jacket! The red is va va voom! A fierce jacket for sure. Great work!

• Héhé yeah at first I wanted to make it in camel suede, but when I saw the red, the choice was made!! ;) Thanks!

• Gorgeous jacket! I love the bright red and I too would wear this all the time.

• It’s really beautiful! You will wear it to death!

P x

• Haha my boyfriend says I look like a girly James Dean, I hope I won’t die at the same age because I won’t wear it that much haha!

• This is fantastic!

• Beautiful – it looks professionally made!

• Thanks! I tried to make it the best, although I know there are some little imperfections…

• That jacket is SiZzLiNg HoT! The pattern is to die for. I picture Lauren Bacall in it, but I’m not sure that even she could out RoCk your style!

• Haha thanks!! Oh damn, if I could look like Lauren Bacall….

• Super awesome jacket! The red suede really pops! Is it real suede or ultra-suede?

• Thanks Carolyn! Oh I don’t know the exact english term for it . In France it is “suédine”, a false suede (less expensive, but mostly, not from a dead animal…). I made some research, I don’t think it’s super suede. I don’t really know :S

• This is so awesome! It is a total bad girl jacket – you need to be on one of those sexy crime novel covers.
    Great, great job.

• A really great jacket and so cute with your bird beret !!

• Yey! Jeanne thank you! And I also have to thank you for the birdie beret too : you gave me the idea to do it, and I even used brown suede too! It was an awesome idea! I am planning on making a dark red one!!