This top is one I made recently using a pattern from ‘Subversive Femme’ on Etsy. She emails the pattern to you and you print it off and stick it together – easy!
It only uses a yard of fabric and I had this left over from a skirt I made several years ago. I think the fabric is a vintage one? I remember buying it at a car boot sale and being very happy with my bargin.
The pattern is to fit 34 – 36″ bust. I made it as the instructions but then had to gather it a bit more on the top edge due to my lack of bust ;-) I measure 34″ but really small – he he!
Anyway…. the top was easy to put together and I lined it which was also easy. I stitched the lining and main fabric together around the edges and treated them as one fabric as all the edges of this top are finished with bias binding. I made my own bias out of the lining fabric. It wasn’t too much of a hardship at all.
The back is really lovely on this but I can’t wear a bra with it. Ok really for mega hot weather!
This picture shows my lining in white polycotton. As suggested on the pattern I added boning to the sides. Luckily I had some in my stash. It is a plastic boning that I stitched in place near the side seams to the lining before putting it all together. It works well at keeping the top up.
This piccie is just to show you more detail and the gorgeous fabric! In case the colours don’t show too well for you it is white with dark green leaves and teal flowers.
Thank you for reading x