Simplicity 2847 – Slenderette! – 1958

by Bella Industries

in 1950s,Dresses,Vintage Sewing

This is the 2nd version of a flattering (I think!) dress pattern.  The first one is here.  To find out more details, check out my blog, Bella Industries, Inc.

Karen is a sewing/textiles blogger in Washington, DC who started this blog with the amazing Bella, a cat who is also queen of the universe. When not playing with Bella, Karen loves to read (Librarian!), travel, bike ride, cook, eat, and sew vintage, which seems to be the type of clothing that fits & flatters me! I also share textiles from the collection my husband & I have been able to amass while living overseas & on our travel thru 65 countries.

Bella Industries's posts / Bella Industries's website

Jeannie Watt August 1, 2013 at 9:30 am

This is a great pattern. I love the name, too. Checked out your blog and like the way you used your Hapi coat fabric.

Karen August 1, 2013 at 10:52 am

Thanks, Jeannie…I have always wanted to be slenderette!! at least my patterns are. ;-)

Housewife Betty August 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I LOVE this dress! The shirtwaist style is really flattering and I love the Hawaiian print fabric. I’ve been stewing about tropical prints lately, and I think I just need to buy some and make a dress! Thanks for the push.

Karen August 2, 2013 at 9:38 am

Thanks, Betty! Here are a couple of pages of my husband’s “fun shirts,” many of which have great surf-related fabric. They’re all great fabric–but not all are surf-related!
and

Lesley August 2, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Great dress, who doesn’t love a shirtwaister? And that print takes me back to being a kid in the 70′s and my favourite flared hawaiian print shorts. Aloha from Sydney! Well done, interesting blog.
Lesley

L August 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Betty mentioned shirtwaist, too, and though I knew the word, I definitely couldn’t define it…now I know!

mariebayarea August 3, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I love the print and shirtdresses are the best!