Hi all! I’m not sharing today but rather asking for your help! I have been invited to a prom-themed birthday party for a friend. We are all about ten years or more out of high school. I never went to my prom, and neither did she, but I really want to make this awesome. I’m still very much up in the air about the dress I want to do for this, but here are a few I’ve seriously considered. The first one I really like the very classic and conservative lines.
Neither of these are vintage, but I fell in love with them just the same. What’s my question? What are some vintage dress patterns that would be prom-appropriate that you can think of? I’d love to find one to fall in love with and go that route instead!
I do have a few prerequisites though for you to consider.
- Nothing strapless, plunging backs, or spaghetti straps- I’m a big girl up top (F cup) and finding a good bra is hard enough- finding a strapless good bra will be a nightmare. Not wearing one at all is not going to happen! haha
- I would prefer a fairly sleek silhouette, but I’m not adverse to a full skirt.
- Full length preferred, but others are okay too.
- 1950’s and previous I’m very open to, as some 80′ s styles.
- Sleeves are very welcome as we may be outside quite a bit for this event and it is being held in November!
As I said, I never went to my prom, so this is my chance to do it and I want to look amazing!I never have opportunity to dress up like this.
I also need to find a good men’s dress shirt pattern that’s not terribly difficult. My boyfriend has agreed to go to this as long as I make his shirt… I never thought I would hear that as a request! O.O
Anyway, show me what you’ve got! I need some fresh ideas, and if you’re already sewn the dress in question, I would love to see photos of the finished item to get a better feel for it.