I wanted to share one of my latest sewing projects with you. It’s a 1938 Lutterloh pattern from one of the Lutterloh books I have.
There were some difficulties with the pattern. I used the special ruler which you need to draft the minature patterns and made a first muslin. It was one big disaster. There were so many fitting issues.
I decided to do things differently and drafted my own pattern. I had a lot of help from my sewing teacher, because I never drafted raglan sleeves before.
I also didn’t know what to do with the neckline (see picture below). I wanted a black bow collar but the result wasn’t like what I imagined. So I removed the collar and added a seperate blow. Now the necklkine looked too plain. Then I got another idea, adding a black trim. To give the neckline a subtle black accent.
In the end I’m very happy with the result. You can read more about the dress on my blog!