Vintage Sewing

And so success has finally been achieved!

July 8, 2013

So I finally made a dress that fits correctly!! Hooray!!!!!! After 2 muslins, a whole lot of time, and frustration later I got this! You have no idea how incredibly excited I am to finally have made a dress that fits the way it is supposed to!



I used Retro-Butterick b5478 and some lovely polka dotted cotton I found at Hancock’s Fabric 🙂 Check out my blog for more details 🙂

  1. So summery! Your bodice is fitted beautifully. I know how challenging that can be the first time you do it. I also am more busty, and I hadn’t worn a dress in years until I made my own bodice. It’s such an achievement when you put it on, and it fits! I love it. The skirt length is perfect, too.

Leave a Reply to Housewife Betty Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.