And so success has finally been achieved!

So I finally made a dress that fits correctly!! Hooray!!!!!! After 2 muslins, a whole lot of time, and frustration later I got this! You have no idea how incredibly excited I am to finally have made a dress that fits the way it is supposed to!

                                                            

 

I used Retro-Butterick b5478 and some lovely polka dotted cotton I found at Hancock’s Fabric :) Check out my blog for more details :)

http://frillz24.blogspot.com/

• Meet the Author • Shaysierae


I am a 24 year old just learning the in's and out's of vintage sewing! I was so excited when i discovered this website and absolutely love the posts that I have found. Currently I am working on a few projects and look forward to posting some of them soon! :)


Love what you've seen so far? Subscribe by email to receive all the week's posts delivered to your inbox in one big glorious email every Friday.

Inbox overflowing? Follow us on Bloglovin instead!

Find the WeSewRetro crew chatting on Facebook and sharing pretties on Pinterest.

8 comments… add one

  • This looks great! Pretty color on you.

    Reply
    • Thank you :)

      Reply
  • The dress is gorgeous and looks great on you. :)

    Reply
  • It fits you so perfectly! I love it!

    Reply
  • Very cute! Congrats on not giving up and making something lovely.

    Reply
  • Yay! You’re adorable in that dress and I love the vintage hairstyling too.

    Reply
  • Beautiful fit – looks beautiful on you!

    Reply
  • So summery! Your bodice is fitted beautifully. I know how challenging that can be the first time you do it. I also am more busty, and I hadn’t worn a dress in years until I made my own bodice. It’s such an achievement when you put it on, and it fits! I love it. The skirt length is perfect, too.

    Reply

Don’t Be Shy » Leave a Comment!