I had a bit of a sewing slump the last couple of weeks, and to get back on track I thought about sewing something easy. I ordered this beret pattern a while ago and it was a perfect sewing project with quick results. Even for me! I’m not really a fast sewer.
Taking pictures of the beret was pretty difficult. A lot of the pictures turned out to be unsharp and it’s very hard to photograph black velvet. And when you’re not in the right angle a beret might look a bit weird. Also I had some trouble with my hair. It was a bit rebellious. It’s still not perfect, but I wanted to share the pictuers anyway.
The pattern itself is very basic with very little sewing directions. You have to draw the pattern pieces yourself. The measurements are given in a illustration. The pattern has directions for different kind of ornaments like the bird and a ‘knot of fabric’.
I was inspired with the 3rd view, but didn’t want to make a knot because it would be too bulky with velvet. Instead I drafted a bowlike thingy. The head entrance is very small, therefore I cut away some fabric to make it fit my head.