1940’s Wartime Utility Apron’s

So as I love sewing wartime items, I made these and I am finishing one more now. My nan used to wear these all the time and so do I now when I am cleaning or for my reenactment’s. They are from an original 40’s pattern and made in all cotton, look so great with my turban’s. Now I am going to make myself a 50’s summer dress. Pic’s when I am done.

• Meet the Author • LilliansEnsembles

Hello, I have been sewing, knitting and crocheting for years and now am in the process of building a 1940's wardrobe for myself. Love that era.

• Adorable! I always admire these when I see them on TV. Did you make them from a vintage one (as a pattern)?

• Thanks, seeing them on TV is what got me started. It was an old pattern, I pattern hunt all the time. Love doing that.

• I’ve been looking for something like that. The coverage is nice so would not need a shirt under. It is so hot here in summer that two layers just don’t work. Isn’t it hard to do all that bias binding?

• The front is easy, the arms are ^^%%#@!!$ , shall I say NOT so fun… LOL

• Funny! : ) Pretty much my thoughts on bias in general. Good job! And to think you made more than one!

• Love these!! Great Job!

• Cute!

• Love the aprons. Can you show a picture of the pattern, or the pattern #? Thanks.

• My Nana wore aprons a bit like that.She called them “pinnies” and they had pockets full of clothes pegs and other useful things. I used to think that I would NEVER wear one but now they seem so useful, and I yearn for one.

• I think I need to make one of these! My grandma still has one of these on her kitchen.

• Ah! These are exactly what I’ve been yearning to do, too. So practical, and you’ve done them up so nicely! Could you share the pattern info with us, pretty please!