I think there are quite a few of us who have this pattern in our stashes. I’ve certainly had it for about a year now and was originally inspired to get it when David and I were in town and I saw the exact dress design in a shop window. It was made out of some fabric that I have the vintage twin of (a turquoise polka dot cotton) and it looked so great on the mannequin I bought the pattern that night.
Before I touched my lovely spotty fabric though, I wanted to make it up in a navy cotton knit first for 2 reasons – I wanted to test the pattern and I really wanted to practice sewing with knits a bit more. I finally got my fabric about 2 weeks ago and the dress was added to my list.
The main construction issue I had with this pattern was getting the sizing right. There are so many conflicting reviews about which size to cut. I ended up reading so many and getting bogged down in them, that I eventually went with my gut and cut 2 sizes smaller in the gathered bust and 1 size smaller all over. I had a lot of fabric and so it wouldn’t have been an issue if I had needed to recut any of the pattern pieces had I got the sizing wrong. Luckily I didn’t have to worry about that as the dress fit perfectly.
For a full review (where I discuss the issue of ‘boob-gatherage’ with this dress), more pictures and chickens (!!!) check out my blog here.