Vogue 8767

This morning I finished Vogue 8767, a 30s reproduction pattern, and I wanted to share the result with you!

I was really in need of a new spring dress, and I think this dress is perfect. I love the jabot, belt and puffed sleeves!

The construction of this dress went so smoothly, I even got a bit scared :P

I didn’t make any alterations to the pattern and this time I didn’t make a muslin.

The dress has a lapped hand picked zipper in the sideseam.

I did practice hand picked zippers during sewing course last year, but didn’t do the real thing until now!

It always feels good if you master a new sewing skill and when a project goes so well!

There’s more on my blog :)

• Meet the Author • Anthea

http://anthea-retrovintage.blogspot.com/ I love sewing and knitting, using vintage patterns, drafting my own vintage inspired patterns or using modern patterns.

• Well done! The dress suits you perfectly – I love the shape of the skirt.

• Thanks! I love the skirt too. I will probably use it for other dresses!

• Oh, Anthea, what a nicely-made dress. You’ve fitted it beautifully and everything hangs just right. Is the jabot detachable? I love the patterns which show a variety of accessories for a basic dress, so versatile.
    You have styled your dress so well, your hair looks authentic, and so do the shoes. Well done!

• Thank you so much! The jabot is sewn onto de bodice. The shoes are one of my favourites! I bought them years ago at H&M, they go so well with vintage and retro outfits.

• Thank you for sharing! It’s a beautiful dress. I have been thinking of making this same dress for Spring too and it’s nice to see a finished one and how it came out. What type of fabric did you use?

• Love to see your version of the dress! I used a 100 % cotton fabric. The instructions don’t suggest cotton, but I think that cotton is very suitable.

• Thank you Anthea! I was hoping is was cotton because that is what I wanted to use, but the pattern didn’t suggest it. There are so many wonderful prints out there and it’s hard to find an era appropriate print in other fabrics. I hope mine turns out as well as yours!

• This is a pretty 30s type frock. I love the front detail. You’re vintage hairstyle and shoes go perfectly with the dress.

• Thank you so much! I think the jabot turns this very basic dress into something special!

• So lovely!

• Everything looks perfect !

• That dress couldn’t be more perfect!. Everything about it is lovely and you have styled your look so well. You look fantastic!

Well done!

• The dress looks fabulous on you!

• This is so gorgeous! I love the fabric and colour combinations you used.

• Thank you so much!