My first summer dress of 2013

vintage style rockabilly dressI used the bodice section from Simplicity 2442 for this dress but omitted the rouched layer on the midriff. The fabric was far too busy to add any more detail! The midriff really does give a flattering shape. It’s one of my favourite vintage-style features. The straps on this pattern curve inwards to create a sweetheart style neckline and crossover at the back which is a lovely feature too. A 50’s  rockabillyesque, vintage style tea dress was what I was after and I think it pretty much fits that bill.

crossover straps on vintage style dress

I didn’t really like the suggested style of the skirt pattern so I created my own dirndl skirt. It is very full with a 3 metre hem! I dutifully hand-hemmed it too!

vintage style floral dress

With very special thanks to my mister for taking the photos. For more of the same and some more details please hop over to ooobop!

• Meet the Author • ooobop

• The dress is gorgeous and you are absolutely adorable!!

• Thank you Evie *blush, blush*!

• Your dress is beautiful! You look fantastic in it :)

• Absolutely smashing!

• Amazing! You look stunning!
    I love the fabric.

• Thank you Hanne. I love the fabric too. I’ve been told that a turquoise version exists too. Sounds yummy!

• You look adorable and the dress is so pretty and fun!

• Thank you. It does feel fun to wear!

• Of the panoply of website I’ve pored over this has the most veracity.

• Laktoosi-intolerantikoista puheen ollen, tutkimukset ovat osoittaneet että vain joka kymmenes laktoosi-intorelantikoista OIKEASTI kärsii siitä..suurimpia osia laktoosi-intorelantikkoja ei ole tutkittu(tai todettu liian huterin perustein)tai ne on diagnosisoitu kotona..oikeasti, kunnioittakaa kokkien laittamaa ruokaa älkääkä nipottako jos teillä ei oikeasti ole mitään kuoleman vakavaa allergiaa!

• That's the weird dichotomy of the left: They hate them some national chains (or at least national chains without the word "fresh", "whole", or "trader" in the name,) and yet they demand that these same national chains, in which they would not be caught dead, service the needs of… you know… THOSE people (wink, nudge, we care, give us your vote.)

• many information about how you can write…better.when writing, you need to express the words that are from your mind but that is not always the case. you may be good Titanic at expressing your thoughts but you also need to be good at writing it correctly. learn proper…

• so lovely and gorgeous !

• What a pretty dress and you look so gorgeous. And love your glasses too!

• Thank you Sue. Recently got those glasses from RetroPeepers! Great frames on there :-)

• Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Such a perfect summer dress on such a perfect person!

• Wow, love the dress!

• I die!

• Your dress is gorgeous, well done. Love the “photo shoot” too, brilliant!

Linda xx

• Thank you so much Linda. I have a very obliging boyf who is very handy with a camera!

• You captured the look of rockabilly clothing and a “50′s rockabillyesque, vintage style tea dress” perfectly! Love it!