IMG_0633

by laurien on April 19, 2013 · 2 comments

in

1938 Advance pattern

I began this dress two years ago from a 1938 Advance pattern. Other projects soon took precedence, and this one was left half-finished for many months. I finally got back to it, and am glad I did. Used cotton lawn I thought was design appropriate for the era, and vintage buttons that reflect the flower pattern. The collars and cuffs are organza white silk, and the soutache is black silk cord.

This post was written by...

– who has written 6 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

laurien's posts / laurien's website

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

misty April 22, 2013 at 12:20 pm

bet your glad you finished it ,it’s adorable !

Reply

Jessamyn April 23, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Super-cute – right out of a Judy Garland movie!

Reply

Leave a Comment