I finally finished another project! I started this 1940s shirtdress a few weeks ago in an effort to expand my vintage style wardrobe with a few more nursing friendly options to wear post baby. I attached the sleeves, set the zipper and did all the other finishing work on it this afternoon and evening. It needs some more thorough pressing, but I really wanted to get some photos taken before it got too dark so I could share the finished product. I found two buttons in my (small) button stash that were perfect. They’re a plain, dark wood and were the perfect size for this dress. I don’t even remember why I bought these, but I’m glad I did. It saved me making another trip before I could cross this project off my list. I went ahead and put this navy belt on Tabitha just to see what it would look like, but it really needs a dark brown belt to go with the buttons. I need a medium width brown belt anyway, because my collection is somehow lacking one, so I will have to pick one up somewhere.
This is the pattern I used. I combined elements from both views, opting for short sleeves, but leaving off the ruffle trim and only using two buttons instead of three.
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, I just wish that I could actually try it on myself right now. Only five weeks to go until my due date, though! So I’m inching closer every day to being able to wear normal clothes again. I hope everyone is having a good week!