Hello fellow vintage sewing enthusiasts!
It’s spring and I am ready for warm weather! I just completed this red polka dot sundress that I definitely will be wearing all summer long (and spring, if it stays warm!).
This is made out of stretch cotton broadcloth and is made using Vogue 8812, a Vintage Vogue design from 1940. I pretty much followed the pattern, although I added wider straps and fully lined it with cotton batiste. I also put a ribbon tie on the bodice instead of the self fabric tie and put in a zipper instead of the suggested buttons.
As I didn’t want this to be as low cut as it would have ended up being, I shortened the straps and the gathered bra on the bodice is more of a neckline feature than a full encompassing bra. The next time I make this I shall cut the bra and stay larger so that it covers me more. The photo on the pattern and the model do not show how low-cut this dress is and I don’t like showing off much of my cleavage. And yes, I would have figured that out, had I made a muslin…..but I am happy with my dress and that’s what counts to me.
And now I finally have taken photos of myself in my creations rather than just taking photos on my dressform! I do not think it’s bad for a tripod and sewing blogger newbie!