I’ve just finished my first sewing challenge — Lucky Lucille’s “Sew for Victory” challenge!
Lucky me, I already had the pattern (Vintage Vogue 8811) and the fabric and the intention of making this dress for myself anyway. I previously made this dress for a client and thought it would be cute to make for ME as well!
I used a peacock blue stretch cotton broadcloth and fully lined it. I thought that a self fabric covered buckle would be a bit too monotonous for this dress and instead used this vintage buckle that I found at a sewing show in the Bay Area a few weeks ago.
I opted not to put the darts in the back and added a little fabric to the bodice so that I’d have more of a blouson effect.
I found this vintage buckle in my grandma’s button box. It was used and probably from the 40s-50’s. I opted not to make a thread loop for the back as I was lazy…..plus, I like ribbon better anyway. 🙂
I can’t wait to wear this dress and liven it up with some snazzy jewelry and some espadrilles! I promise to have photos of myself in a dress the next time I post on here. 🙂