Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I wanted to share with you all what I made for the Sew for Victory Sew Along hosted by Rochelle at Lucky Lucille. I decided on Simplicity 2486 from 1948 to make this great dress:
I tweaked it a bit to fit me and I just love it to bits! I made it from some unknown blend that feels like a crepe and is semi sheer. Because of that see-through issue, combined with the fact I’m a bit of an overachiever, I also made a slip to wear under it in some stretch cotton poplin I had yards and yards of. I used Advance 6333 from 1953 and changed it to make it into what I wanted.
I am so proud of myself. It’s my first completed sew along ever! You can read more about it on my blog.