Polka dot dresss

Hello,

I have been watching this site for a while and as a New Year’s resolution, I decided to make a post here. So here it is.

I made my own pattern for this dress, it is very easy pattern, just two darts and that is all.  Hardest part was to sew in the lining, because I didn’t want any visible seams around armholes (hope you understand what I mean :) ) So it was bit stressfull for me, but I did it! Do you have any idea how to make it easily and whithout swearing?

Check out my blog if you are interested http://semtele.blogspot.cz/

• Meet the Author • Semtele

I love all things vintage, specially 60s and 50s era. I usually make my own patterns, but when I'm using some original pattern it is from Burda. I have been sewing for 2 years now. I'm fro Prague in Czech Republic

• Very nice dress! I like dots, collar and lining%)

• Very pretty. I love the red lining!

• So cute! I am a sucker for a peter pan collar, and the red lining is a lovely surprise!

I understand your pain. I am currently swearing through a lining for a 1951 smoking jacket for my husband. I had to put it down and back away slowly….

• So cute! I love polka dots!

• Adorable! The collar is the perfect detail for the simple shape! I love the red lining – it’s always fun to know there’s a surprise inside, even if no one else sees it. =)

I understand not wanting any top-stitching around the arm holes. I’m not sure how you finished them, but I like to sew a strip of bias (made from the outer fabric) around the edge and through both the outer & lining fabrics. Then I clip around the hole’s seam allowance and turn the bias in to the inside, and hand-stitch the bias to the lining only. You can’t see the stitches and there’s a little bit of the outer fabric on the inside edge. (Hope that makes sense!)

• Thanky you! I don’t know why, but I like difrent colour of lining.

I think I know what you mean, but I find it bit tough for me to hand stitch it to the lining only, I always stitch it with the outer fabric and I’m lazy to repair it :D

• Wow, I LOVE it!!!!

• Great job on the red lining! Super cute dress!

• So cute! Well done!!!