Please excuse the vertical creases! The fabric is medium weight and feels lovely, drapes nicely, and the colour is a richer, darker purple than the photograph conveys. I particularly loved the look of the front panel. I made only minor adjustments, running the bodice in a centimeter, under the arms, tapering off to the waist.
I tried a new technique with this dress, the over lapped zip, as I had no invisible colour co-ordinating full length zippers in the stash I used a pale purple regular zipper, which as not a tricky as I first thought it may be. Also a neat and tidy mitered corner on the overlapping panel, an easy technique I’ll use again.
Besides pulling a touch at the back, I find the fit good, and it’s a comfortable little number to wear. And I love the colour!
I’m not sure if I’ll make another version, I have not worn this one yet – on account of it being an extremely humid summer mostly, and I have a couple of other lovely frocks to get about in. This pattern used a considerable amount of fabric, having two front skirt panels, and this is one of those situations where I almost wish I’d considered another project before cutting into it, it was a such good find, a wool/synthetic blend, a vintage fabric find from my favourite hospice shop. Using one of nana’s purple zippers, and thread from mums stash, it really was the fabric that cost me anything, and that was $4NZ/meter (and there was just over three meters).