I have been very lax in posting my recent projects here. One of the reasons is that I have been very busy in the sewing room.
The special occasion (and the perfect excuse to make something completely over the top) was the opening gala of a local symphony.
I used Butterick 6408 as my pattern.
Every few months I pull out my vintage reproduction patterns and feel guilty about all of the dresses I have not yet made. Sometimes I even have the idea and the fabric on hand – all that is missing is spare time and, in this case, a suitable occasion. Thankfully, I finally found the perfect reason to make up this full length gown. One down, goodness knows how many more to go . . .
The project took an entire month, but I feel like all of the work and a few injuries to my fingers (thanks to all of the wire work) was worth it in the end.
The entire saga may be found on my blog, Lilacs & Lace.