I feel like it has been ages since I’ve posted something complete, a whole new dress that worked out just as I imagined! I have a couple of dresses waiting for me to finish, you might have seen them on my blog, two really special ones, Simplicity 1720, and Simplicity 3107. I really needed one to go well!
You can see more of the progress photos on my blog too, but I thought I share a photo or two, I had to sew in an extra panel as the bodice was a touch too small…
The skirt is also not quite as full as intended, mostly just so I could have enough fabric left for shorts, so maybe about 10-15 cms less. Overall, I find the fit to be pretty close to just right, though I gave a little more length on the shoulders, about 1 cm on each bodice piece. I also added the waist band instead of making a belt as this works well for me with full skirts.
I thought the brown and the stripes might be a bit dull, I don’t really wear brown.. But I do like it, I think it worked well. And I think I’ll have to make a more summery floral one up next.