I posted the sunsuits I made from this pattern a while back. It’s been too long since I made a new vintage style, but this week I finally put together this little pinafore dress.
I love the little cap sleeves. It took me quite a few tries to figure out how to bind the edges. Worth it in the end, as shown below. I adjusted this pattern so it has an adjustable neckline. It is a layette item and will fit at least as small as 3 months, if not younger. I tried it on a six month baby and then just for fun on the three year old sister. It was really cute on both. As the child grows the neckline expands and the dress becomes a top to wear with shorts. So sweet!
I’m not really sure about the back ties. The original calls for bias tape. I do not like the ribbon that is currently sold, but I liked the lighter weight of it. I ended up with these self fabric ties, something like the bias called for, but wider. Not sure how I will do the next one.
And finally, another boy sunsuit.