≡ Menu

Lutterloh 1952, a dress with a sheet

Hello,

I’m always watch all the marvellous clothes you create and today I’m not shame to present you my first really dress from Lutterloh 1952, spring.

I’ve did it with a sheet that I’ve found in a market last spring.

In october, the 13th, there will be my E. Day, my lover and I will engaged and the theme is 50’S.

I hope you’re enjoy with it

And sorry for my very  “ugly” langage, I’m french and it’s not very easy for me…

About the author: I’m Bellis Winter, always lost in fabrics and colors. I love 40’s and 50’s, it’s so important to be “myself” in clothes to feel better, to be feminine. Sewing all the time, sometimes knitting… I’m french girl who live in the south but love the north

{ 34 comments… add one }
  • Penny-Rose August 22, 2012, 3:49 pm

I think you dress is lovely – the contrast of the fabric and the belt and flower really highlight the pretty fabric. How easily this dress can be changed too with a different belt and accessories. Your English is not ugly at all, keep practising and it will get easier.

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:21 am

Yes, accessories are the way to look different with a same clothe.
      I will practising my English with you…

• Marie August 22, 2012, 4:55 pm

This is beautiful and your English is better than my non-existent French ;o)

• Lizzy August 22, 2012, 5:36 pm

Very pretty dress! I like the red details! trés jolie!!! 🙂

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:22 am

Merci…
      I love Red with blue, I think it’s a beautiful match colors

• EmSewCrazy August 22, 2012, 6:00 pm

Beautiful Sheet dress! What a lovely job!

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:24 am

I’m always looking for one when I go to market…
      thanks a lot

• PepperReed August 22, 2012, 6:52 pm

Lovely! The neckline is interesting and I love the ‘fabric’ you used; it’s so great to find a sheet in a great pattern — there’s so much fabric!

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:25 am

at the beginning, I was a little afraid by this neckline, but at the end it’s not so difficult.

• sewinghappyplace August 22, 2012, 7:13 pm

Every thing about your dress is just fabulous! The colors really play well together and the print is adorable.

Happy Engagement to come.

Thanks for sharing with us.

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:26 am

the play seems to look like 1970’s but it’s very light so…
      I’m happy to be with you
      thanks a lot

• Jessamyn August 22, 2012, 7:14 pm

How fresh and pretty! You have created something very charming!

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:28 am

thank you.
      It’s very important for me because it’s not easy to find clothes in France when your waist 32 and your hips 44…

• Judy G August 24, 2012, 10:49 am

Your waist is 32 and your hips are 44–your photo sure does not indicate that-the dress you made is very flattering and really looks fantastic on you–it’s nice to know that not all french women are skinny skinny–your proportions are normal

• Bessie Miller August 22, 2012, 9:08 pm

Beautiful! I love the bags you have posted on your blog as well–they are inspiring! 😀

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:29 am

Thansk a lot Bessy
      I’m glad to see my work can be a source to inspire !!!!

• kittysdrawings August 22, 2012, 10:26 pm

Lovely dress indeed!! Sheets make great sewing projects dont they? 😀
    How did you find the Lutterloh pattern? I have a book from 1954 but only photocopies of the rulers so I haven’t made up anything from it yet. Might be worth a go one day now that I’m sewing better. Do you have any tips on working with Lutterloh?

• lunefantasy August 23, 2012, 1:36 am

I have a “tresor” in my house : a lot of Lutterloh’s models. But “chuttttt” it’s a secret
      It’s the first that my project id finished because, yes it’s very hard when you sew just a little.
      Now I have more experience so… And yes Lutterloh doesn’t explain how to work
      My tips at first, don’t work on something too “sophisticated”, try skirts and tops then after dresses.
      watch very precisely the drawing of your project.
      and at the end, trust in you and go on

• jax black August 23, 2012, 2:52 am

Hi i bought one of the tapes from the net £16 or so, but still havnt
      got round to trying it out yet 🙂

• jax black August 23, 2012, 2:55 am

Your dress is very sweet and fit’s beautifully,
    very well done on useing the ‘lutterloh’pattern…im looking for more 1940s versions 🙂

• lunefantasy August 24, 2012, 3:46 am

I have some models from 1936 et 1939 (spring and summer)…
      Thanks a lot

• mrburnett August 23, 2012, 7:33 am

C’est magnifique! J’aime beaucoup les fleurs bleus et la grande rose! Un contraste parfait!

• lunefantasy August 24, 2012, 3:46 am

Merci beaucoup, j’ai la passion des fleurs surtout si elles sont rouges !!!!

• Stephani August 23, 2012, 10:06 am

Lovely dress! It doesn’t look like a sheet at all. Great job!
    I’m intrigued by Lutterloh–the company still offers its pattern drafting system for purchase. But I can’t find any real information or reviews of it that would help me decide whether purchasing it would be worthwhile.

• lunefantasy August 24, 2012, 3:53 am

It’s necessary to have a “réglette” sorry I don’t now the word in english…
      It’s a good method for people who are not in strict size (10,12,14….) with a thight waist and big hips or tall, little….
      But I never bought the new method, because I think it’s too expensive, I’m always looking in internet …

• LadyD August 23, 2012, 10:38 am

Fantastique. 🙂
    It doesn’t look like its made from a sheet at all.

• sati5000 August 23, 2012, 5:45 pm

This looks great! I love the accessories you chose and I also love that you made it with a sheet you picked up at a market! I’ve thought about buying sheets to use as fabric, but I was always sure there was some sort of a catch since it just seemed to good to be true. Great dress!

• lunefantasy August 24, 2012, 3:55 am

when you choose a sheet, look for thickness because sometines the cotton is too thick and it’s too hot to wear it in summer…

• Judy G August 24, 2012, 10:55 am

what “market” do you find the sheets at?? I live in Denver and I don’t think we have any markets–do you perhaps mean a thrift store? I see many pretty sheets at ARC for $3.99-$5.99–

• Tina August 26, 2012, 7:31 pm

I just bought an entire Lutterloh set from the 80’s with everything included for $3.99 at Goodwill 2 weeks ago. I have been timid about starting a project with it, but you have inspired me! I am going to try a blouse first.

• mariebayarea August 30, 2012, 6:53 pm

Very pretty dress. Your fabric and print are gorgeous.

• Claudette March 4, 2013, 4:28 pm

Wow! What a beautiful effect you have created. Well done you!