I decided to make a vintage dress because I have always loved vintage things, and dressing up in general, but I’ve never had much luck in finding (cheap) vintage items that looked great on me. So I decided to make one, and luckily it came together beautifully!
I used Butterick pattern 5708 that I got on sale for dirt cheap, and I found this amazing satin fabric at my local fabric store. All together, it cost $21.
The biggest problem I had with the dress/pattern was actually the end and the tying of the straps. There was an option where it could fold over my shoulder and tie closer to the bust, giving the appearance of a wrap, but I couldn’t get it to lay correctly.
Regardless, paired with a petticoat, the full skirt looks amazing, and as long as I don’t slouch, the top drapes beautifully as well! I can’t wait to make another one!