Vintage Singer 421G Sewing Machine

I had the good fortune of finding a really rare German Singer this weekend while I was out and about! Per the manual this machine is from 1961, and from Germany of course. It came in a neat-o Danish Modern sewing cabinet.

More details on my blog!

• Meet the Author • Eleanormeriwether

I started sewing in 2005 when my husband borrowed his mother's sewing machine for me and told me that I could make corsets for myself (instead of paying $500 a pop for them.) It was the first thing I ever made. and the first thing I ever sold! The rest is history I'm a Fashion Designer/Antique Dealer just south of Atlanta!

• I absolutely love these old machines. I sew on a 1960′s Necchi Supernova, which weighs about 30 pounds. The seem to do a better job of sewing through heavy fabrics like canvas, denim, and leather, and they are simpler to operate. You’ll have to post your first project and give us an update on how it works!

• I agree! The older machines are King. I have had around 200 vintages machines.

• Wow, it looks like a prop from Flash Gordon, so Moderne!!! :)

• Dear Eleanor, I wrote you from Mallorca, Spain, I find your blog finding for this model of machine, my mum just have the same model , the Singer 421g, but she lost the plug and the pedal, I’ll triying to lookin for in the old shops here, but I need also the manual could you please sent by pdf, I really really thank you a lot ,
    thank for all and greetings from mallorca

Luis

• Hi I also zisklal strarte SINGER 421G for deceased sister, Zhan instructions, spools, needle and other things to do. Peter from Slovakia-Bratislava

• Hi Eleanor
    I too have a singer 421g sewing machine but have lost the instruction manual. I would much appreciate it if you could email me a copy
    Regards Alison

• Hi Eleanor, I wrote from Nice in the south of France. A friend gave me her Singer 421G, she had lost the manuel and she don’t remember how to use it. She’s old now.
    Please, it would be so kind to send me the instruction manuel, otherwise I can’t use it like that.
    Best regards
    Sandrine from Nice

• Hi!!! I was soooo happy to find 421G!! but I don’t have any idea to use it!!! please, send me instructions, I will be so glad! I am from Latvia and this kind of sewing m . dont have!!!

• I was recently give a Singer 421 G – made in Germany. I cannot figure out
    how you rewind the bobbin. I cannot find anything on the top that twirls around, after you disengage the side wheel so that the needle does not go up and down. I have looked all over. Can you help me. Thanks , Dolly

• I was lucky to grab a421 singer from my mothers boyfriend. He was selling it at a yard sale and it didn’t sell. So i took it for a back up. But i don’t have a manual. Any chance you could send me one…

• Hi Eleanor, I wrote from Niorwayi.my grandmother gave me Singer 421G, she had lost the manuel and she don’t remember how to use it.
    Please, it would be so kind to send me the instruction manuel, I can’t use it .Thank you very mutch.my email is: zarochka2001@mail.ru.