I fell in love with this pattern on the latest issue of BurdaStyle, which they first published in May 1950!
The original pattern has a halter neckline and a circle skirt. I edited the skirt a bit to get a more flattering shape for my body type
Sewing is seriously getting more easier than shopping for me… Think about it: you first go on window shopping, make a list of the items you loved, then limit your choices with your budget, find a dress that you’d adore – which would also fit exactly your size and body shape… blablablaaa… Whereas this gorgeous dress took me a day to finish and cost around 5 EUROS!
When I sewed the lining, I realize that I wasn’t very good at installing the triangular part neatly. So I decided to cut the front band into two and sew them separately on the bust. But even that did not solve my problem; I ended up having a crooked look on the bust. However, the dress turned out so great that no one can notice it, unless they look closely.
Join me on my blog for more lessons learnt notes and photos on this project: http://sewingyourstyle.tumblr.com