After lurking awhile and seeing everybody’s great work, I thought I’d finally post something!
I absolutely love patterns from the 1950′s and 60′s, and my weird-o body looks best in shapes from this era. I’m learning about tweaking patterns on my bodice block/sloper, so I thought I’d give Simplicity 2407 from 1958 a try. I chose a 100% cotton lemon print from Joann Fabrics. I quickly learned that I needed far more upsizing, darts, and general adjusting to use the original pattern bodice, so I drafted my own with a princess seam AND a bust dart (whew!), and then frankensteined it to the original Simplicity 2407 skirt. I used a box pleat instead of a gather. I made the belt from the original pattern. I will probably add some shaping into the sides of the belt, as the fit is still not right. It’s just pinned onto the mannequin in the picture, and it doesn’t lie flat enough for my taste. Overall, I’m really happy with the result, and I finally have a cute summer dress that fits!