Is there a pattern similar to this?

This top is crazy cute. So expensive though and I want it to fit me right. I’ve looked and can’t find a pattern anywhere thats even remotely similar. Any suggestions?

• Meet the Author • Shanna

I'm a young retro mom from Texas, looking for friends in my sewing adventures

• McCall’s 6285 looks similar

• It is vivien of holloway, right? That shop actually inspired me to start sewing again! I signed up to the online craftsy course by Gertie as she makes a dress which very much looks like the vivien of holloway sarong dresses. She uses a BurdaStyle pattern for it, but I cannot find which one. Here is a link. http://www.craftsy.com/class/Sew-Retro-Perfect-Fit-Bombshell-Dress/29

• I wish gerties class wasn’t so expensive. Otherwise I’d already have 10 of those dresses

• Princess line bodice, and then drape the halter?

• Try simplicity 4990.
    I mixed the two bodice patterns when I made the top I wanted with sweetheart neckline.

• To be honest, the halter looks like it’s just a straight strip of material. See how it is gathered to fit at the sides, and is folding at the back of the neck? You could cut it on the bias or go for a stretch fabric to help with the shaping. My advice would be the same as Jordan says- find a strapless top or dress with the right basic shape for the bodice, then drape the halter piece starting with a straight strip and pin in place, adjusting until you’re happy with it.

• Yeah I was thinking that the tea top up there was pretty similar. I’m not sure about making the halter piece myself. I’ll have to give it a try.

• If you want to take the class, Craftsy runs sales. Sign up and see what they have available. I got the Sew Retro Bombshell class for $15 bucks, and I have found it to be very worth that- there is a lot of good info and it includes a pattern. Actually, that’s a pretty awesome price. Right now they have an offer where you can take a class for $20 or less, and I the bombshell class is $20.

As far as this particular top goes, the info from that class will help you structure it, but the pattern is very different. You could try getting a princess seamed, sweetheart neck dress (Simplicity 2400 is on Etsy as low as $3.00), altering the pattern for the tucks, cutting it short, and adding the halter strap.
    It’s a cute top! Good luck!

• I checked the Craftsy site and I don’t see a course for $20 offer. Did you see it on the Craftsy site or somewhere else?

• I guess you have to sign up. I got the info via email. I got the offer for any class $14.99, and then when I took the Bombshell class, I got another offer for any class $25 or less. I had already had a Craftsy account from a digital pattern I bought, but I had not yet taken a class.

• I signed up so hopefully I get the email. I want to take this class so bad

• Go over to Brittany’s blog, Va-Voom Vintage, and scroll down. SHe is thinking about a Tiki dress and has an image of nearly the same style top. I believe Mrs. Depew’s patterns…Good Luck

• It doesn’t have the princess seams but with minimal adjustments you can get the look from new look 6457. http://www.simplicity.com/p-2327-misses-dresses.aspx#t-0