This has got to be my favourite dress to date and it ties in nicely with the 1940s inspired challenge over at Sew Weekly. I used an original 1940s pattern from Butterick, number 2638 which I got from Etsy some time ago.
The fabric was an amazing find at Oxfam, last year for about five pounds. So you can imagine how happy I am with this dress!
The construction was pretty simple. I made some adjustments to the design namely, adding a couple of inches onto the waist and taking 5 inches off the length. I also replaced gathers with soft pleats and I know that kind of takes from the authenticity but I think its all round more flattering…. and it was a lot easier getting soft pleats even instead of gathering!
More photos and details over at ooobop!