Vintage Vogue 8767 – Dress and Jacket Toile

I’m sewing five 1930’s dresses for our theatre’s production of ‘Fallen Angels’ next month – this next one is using Vogue 8767, from their ‘Vintage Vogue’ line.   From the pattern envelope:

The finished product will be done in a beautiful red silk jacquard , with sheer red for the jabot.  I can’t wait to see how that silk drapes – it should be beautiful!  In the meantime, my toile:

Fairly basic construction, although the jabot facing was a little fiddly.  We’re doing this in a medium weight silk with a nice drape, so hopefully the bias facing will go in easier than the bias tape I cheated with for the toile. ;)

More photos at my blog, here!

• Meet the Author • silverstah

• Your toiles look better than my finished garments!

Kinda jealous, not gonna lie…

Can’t wait to see the final product!

Garnet

• oooh, nice job!!

Lynda

• love the cut of that jacket,I would so wear that and I don’t do white or light.Nicely made your theater must love you.

• Thank you! I am really tempted to make myself one of these – it would look beautiful in a lightweight wool flannel, with a nice pair of jeans and a crisp white shirt!

• OH, it’s gorgeous! This gives a much better shot of the ruffles than the actual pattern cover did, so I just might be using this pattern myself.

Thanks for sharing!

Katrina

• This is going to be amazing, not in the least bit jealous xmx

• Do you have any photos of the finished facing on the jabot facing? I just finished my toile of this pattern and really had a rough time sorting it out. when it’s on me it looks fine and dandy, but the construction detail just looks awkward to me. I’m sure you did better than I did!

« LAST POST