I’m so pleased to have finished my 1950’s dress for Julia Bobbin’s Mad Men Challenge.
I took quite a lot off the length and made a few adjustments to the back centre seam and around the kimono sleeves to give it a more fitted look. The buttons are self covered and I made my own belt with covered buckle. The dress needed a belt to match the Joan inspiration picture but I personally prefer the dress without one.
I love the pattern, it’s so classy and the contour darts are really flattering. This version is made with quite a cheap bi-stretch fabric which I’m not that happy with, but it’s a good colour match and the stretchiness helps with the wiggle effect! There’s already a not-quite-so-fitted polka dot version planned for the summer. More construction details and pictures can be found on my blog, Handmade Jane. x