≡ Menu

Local exposure…

A couple of weekends ago, my local paper dedicated its Saturday art/lifestyle/fashion supplement to the resurgence of handmade, art markets, op shop, and vintage.

I was very lucky to be included, showing my vintage dresses.

As a fashion student, and vintage fan, I thought it was great exposure and was very excited to see a whole supplement dedicated to handmade.  I think people are starting to see the benefits of crafting things with love.

I often get stared at when I walk down the street “dressed properly”…do any of you?

About the author: I live in Geelong, Victoria, Australia.

{ 7 comments… add one }
  • Lizzy March 30, 2012, 5:46 pm

Oh! cool you apperead in the newspaper!

• PepperReed March 30, 2012, 7:52 pm

Yay! Great article! What pattern did you use to make the dress you are wearing?

• The Serial Sewer March 31, 2012, 1:12 am

It is great to see that you could get some media interest – there is a growing interest in hand made. I am a sewer and am sewing a lot more of my clothes now that I am a full time mum. I always get comments on the clothes that I have made as they are different from the usual mass produced stuff. I am about to start on my first dress from a vintage pattern – I am very excited about it!

• parismegs March 31, 2012, 7:03 am

Hi PepperReed,

The pattern is a mail order #4566

see this post – http://parismegs.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/mail-order-4566.html – at my blog 🙂

• kat March 31, 2012, 5:44 am

Woohoo, good on you!

• Cara March 31, 2012, 12:24 pm

Most people do stare when I’m properly dressed. And that’s all the time 😉
    However sometimes people comment that more people should do it.
    I just hold my head high and put on some more red lipstick.

• parismegs March 31, 2012, 3:50 pm

People compliment me too…the other day I was wearing a new outfit 1930s dress & matching hat – I walked to the shops and about 4 people commented 🙂