The debut of my latest vintage sewing adventure!
I made them out of 100 % rayon, which is gloriously cozy but a bit irritating to work with. I ended up having to figure out how to do french seams on everything….which just takes practice. I am now really good at french seams…which is great because I appreciate the look and cleanness of them now. I did bias tape on all the other more detailed edges to keep it simple and polished looking.
I love the details of the pockets and the shapes of the seams. It’s a very easy pattern to figure out after re-reading the instructions many times and realizing that no…I was not missing a page. The instructions start you off finishing off all the details like pockets and the ties first, and then going into the garment construction…I thought I had missed a step…but once I got started it all came together.
These are super comfortable, and I can’t wait to make more, some capri length ones, and some really nice jersey ones, and probably even flannel ones! The sizing is very easy and accurate, and the only alteration I ended up doing was moving the tie that gets fed thru the crossover back piece a little further towards the side seam so I could get it cinched in enough for me. I think next time I will move the slit instead of the tie…the back will just sit a bit nicer. And they are way easier to get in and out of then I had originally assumed.
I love that I feel glamorous…lounging with a glass of vino…in my grown up onise…I mean kitchenette Pajamas!!