I just finished up my first vintage sewing project of the year 🙂
I made this dress using a pattern from 1938, Hollywood 1558. I made this using a new lightweight cotton print with white cotton pique collar and cuffs, and vintage buttons and buckle. This pattern was really clever in that it was designed for fabric to be cut on the grain, crossgrain, and bias, in order to play with stripe direction. I made this in a button up style, though the original pattern had an option for a zip front shirtwaist as well. It was a fun project, but cutting was a bit tedious!
More info and pics on my blog, Wearing History.