Vogue 2476 OOP

I’ve been dipping in and out of wesewretro for ages and I’ve always admired the garments that contributors make and show. Well, I took the plunge and tried it myself. I bought the pattern on Etsy ages ago and never got round to making it so way back in November I made a start and finished it in mid January! An epic journey, though I have to admit to having sewn contemporary pieces inbetween. Anyway, the travelling is now over and I am so happy with the final outcome. What can I say – I love this suit. I love vintage styles. They are so much more feminine and cut to suit an hour glass like mine. The jacket and suit are comfortable, stylish, fit well and no-one has said “That’s old-fashioned” – what they’ve actually said is ” You made it?!” don’t know if it’s a question or an exclamation. I’ve got more pics and the actual journey documented over at http://sewruth.blogspot.com/, if you’re really interested in seeing the whole construction process – otherwise, just enjoy the finished article.

What I can say with absolute certainty is that I will be making more vintage patterns in the future. Thank you WESEWRETRO – I do!

• Meet the Author • sewruth

Full time teacher in college, loves sewing - haven't bought RTW in years.

• The lines of your suit look great!

• Grst looking vintage suit!

• This suit is positively gorgeous! Lovely work.

• Fab detailing, lovely suit. I’m jealous.

• You look amazing!
    I’m very slowly making my own first suit now. The jacket is from what I think is a 70s or early 80s pattern (borrowed from my helpful neighbour) with a lot of 1940s feeling. I hade to do a lot changes on the toile, since I’m a size 20-ish, but not, unlike the pattern, the same width on the back as in the front (OK, I’m exaggerating), but has a 36 FF bust and a waist that is more like size 18 and hips in size 22. And too narrow shoulders for that. But I think it will turn out well in the end.

• Eva, just take your time – there’s no rush. It’s better to take weeks to complete a GOOD suit rather than days to make a bod one. Good luck

• You did a really beautiful job on this suit! It fits like a dream and is a wonderful shape for you!

• You did a great job, I like a lot the shape, it really looks like a 40’s style, I like the color too!

• Thanks for the lovely comments and compliments, that’s great motivation to sew more vintage items.