I was recently inspired by a recent post of a 1950’s shirt waist. I thought I would share one I made a while back. This dress was made from an old mail order pattern with no pattern marking and very sketchy instructions. Needless to say I altered the heck out of it (I made the bodice 3 times!), raising the drop sleeves, removing the armpit gussets, and adjusting the massive amount of blousing in the bodice. I made this in white Italian cotton with lime polka dots with plain white cotton contrasting cuffs, collar, and belt. It turned out quite nice in the end.
I always feel like I should be selling vacuum cleaners when I wear it.