I’m just popping in to show you one of the skirts I made over the Christmas holidays…
David bought the pattern for me for Christmas and I was eager to try it out – I usually use my own self drafted pattern for circle skirts but it’s always nice to breathe life into a vintage pattern. I had put pockets in but decided to take them out when the skirt hung a bit awkwardly. I used a length of vintage polished cotton that I had pre-washed but I thought it was still a little too stiff to keep the pockets in – next time I’ll use a softer fabric that drapes a bit better and add pockets into that one.
I’ve been back at work for the last two weeks now and unfortunately my sewing machine has languished (along with a muslin of the top of a dress I’ve been meaning to make since late last year). My next few weekends are all booked up but I’ll hopefully be able to make some time to get a few more projects finished before my holiday completely wears off and I’m back to operating on robot mode again until the Easter long weekend in April (oh, it’s so far away…). You can see more of my sewing on my blog 🙂