Hello again We Sew Retro. I’m back to share my second completed project from a vintage pattern with you.
I used a camel-colored gabardine for the fashion fabric, a striped Burberry fabric for the lining, and large black buttons. I followed the pattern fairly closely, changing things up a bit according to the Sew-Along suggestions and the few little details that I wanted in a trench. For example, I modified the collar to have a collar stand and I also added storm flaps.
I even made up the skirt to match.
I think it is a cute pattern that looks great as a modern trench coat, but I would also enjoy making it up just as the 1960s pattern suggests. If you’d like, you can read more about the jacket and the skirt on my blog.