Water Lily 50′s

by hulagirl

in 1950s

Here is a dress I just finished, and, I guess a tour of my bathroom.  I made the pattern for this myself from a dress I have from the 50′s.  It turned out pretty darn close to the original.  It was actually a pretty doable process if anyone is contemplating it, but it defintely helps to know what certain pieces should look like so you can get the right shape on the bust etc.  I love this fabric, and the colours are much brighter in real life. I have some better pictures on my blog.  I now also wish I had put on some makeup or worn one of those hipster animal masks. Ah well live and learn.

This post was written by...

– who has written 5 posts on WeSewRetro.com.

hulagirl's posts / hulagirl's website

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Heapha December 1, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I love that fabric – great job
oh and lovely bathroom

Reply

Katherine December 2, 2011 at 12:04 am

Hah, you’ve got five reflected yous in the background. Perpetual hula! ;)
I never would have guessed this used to be a sarong. Love the lilies at the hem.

Reply

Deb December 3, 2011 at 2:44 am

Nice fabric and as Heapha said, beautiful bathroom! I’m jealous! lol

And no need for make-up- you’ve got a perfectly lovely face! (Though an animal mask may have given me the giggles)

Reply

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: