Vintage Butterick 4309

Hi!

This is my first vintage pattern that I have attempted. The original A-line style made me very frumpy and maternity so I altered it to make it more fitted and changed the placement of the buttons. I am not so sure if I like this dress, it has a very strong personality due to the red colour. What do you think? I am still wondering if I should wear it to work.

You can read more about it  in my blog

• Meet the Author • sertyan

• This turned out really nicely. I think the fabric choice is great- the way you altered the direction of the fabric on the front panel really adds visual interest. Great job!

• I love the buttons on the collar! I totally think you should wear it to work. It would also be interesting to see this dress with the fabrics reversed, so the bulk of it is plain and the collar plaid.

Your daughter is so cute – I love it when little people insist on getting into the photoshoot :D

• I really like it! The collar is great, the buttons are nice, and I like the plaid placement. Nice work! Plus, your daughter is adorable!

• Looks great! Definitely wear it to work :)

• I agree with the rest. It is a lovely dress, I would wear it immediately!

• I love it it! PERFECT for work!

• love it! the belt looks great with it too!!

• When I made this pattern I chose bright yellow and black, so you’re color choices were MUCH MUCH better than mine! I think you did a good job and it would be something you can wear out again

• I love everything about this dress and think, yes, you should PROUDLY wear it to work.

• I’m really loving the collar detail! I really like how the grey just pops out against the plaid. It’s such a lovely dress on you! I would wear it proudly if I were you, it’s absolutely gorgeous!

• I would say my favorite shot is the one with your little girl smiling down in the corner…She didn’t know you were focusing on the dress, but smiled anyhow. Adorable!

• I remember seeing your post some time back and thinking how jealous I was of your dress. It’s so darn cute! … Alas, went to a reuse store the other day and picked up this pattern. JUST NOW realized it’s the same ‘darn cute’ dress pattern. … I am so happy now :) Thanks for your post. It gives me inspiration with this pattern.